Environmental Policy Statement
Denny Bros is a professional and environmentally conscious organisation, which acknowledges the impact that our operations may potentially have on the environment. The clear objective of Denny Bros is to minimise any adverse impacts on the environment by:
- Preventing pollution, reducing energy used, reducing waste and ensuring, wherever practical, that measures are implemented to protect and preserve natural habitats, flora and fauna;
- Considering the effects that our operations many have on the local community;
- Promoting environmental awareness amongst our staff, suppliers, contractors and partners;
- Seeking to work in partnership with the community by behaving in a considerate and socially responsible manner;
- Ensuring effective and expedient incident control, investigation and reporting.
- Demonstrate continual improvement in our environmental performance
Management and supervisory staff have responsibility for the implementation of this policy and must ensure that environmental issues are given adequate consideration in the planning and day-to-day supervision of all work.
Denny Bros will fully comply with the duties placed upon it within the requirements of Statutory Legislation, whilst at all times complying with, as a matter of best practice, the requirements and duties set out within Approved Guidance as issued by the Environment Agency and other organisations. Denny Bros achieved compliance to BS EN ISO 14001:2004 in June 2008.
All employees and sub-contractors are expected to co-operate and assist in the implementation of this policy, whilst ensuring that their own works, so far as is reasonably practicable, are carried out without risk to themselves, others or the environment. This includes co-operating with management on any environment related matter.
Denny Bros will take all practical steps to ensure that potential environmental hazards are identified and that suitable and effective prevention and control measures are implemented. All employees will be provided with the necessary resources, equipment, information, instruction and training to fulfil the requirements of this policy.
The Directors have overall responsibility for all environmental matters. The operation of this policy and the associated procedures will be monitored and reviewed on a regular basis to ensure that they remain current and applicable to Denny Bros activities. This policy has been endorsed by the board of directors who give their full support to the implementation of the policy.